In our 3rd year of business in our new location, iShine For You Auto Detailing has made an extraordinary difference in the Greater Williamsburg area. We have helped many customers maintain there vehicles by giving them a showroom finish, as we love to create “Our SHINE Just For YOU”.
We celebrate this milestone today because we embarked on this journey as a youth but turned it into a business in 2014 as a passion for cars. According to Bloomberg, 8 out of 10 entrepreneurs who start businesses fail within the first 18 months. Its been a 5yr journey total for us and we are enjoying the vehicles and customers we have served thus far.
During the past 36 months, iShine has made significant strides in keeping vehicles clean, as we take a moment to highlight our year, we also take a moment to highlight the significant events. These include:
- June 1st, 2016 we opened the doors at our new location in Williamsburg, Va.
- In the fall of 2016, we partnered with Alewerks to hold our first Beers & Geers Event.
- December 2016, we were featured on HR Biz Weekly as we discussed our “Leap of Faith” from a Nuclear Engineer to a Entrepreneur.
- January 2017, we became a Certified Detailer by the International Detailing Association, where we are held to the highest standards in the detailing industry.
- February 2017, we passed our Bloodborne Pathogens test given by the American Red Cross to properly tackle the bloodborne jobs.
- April 2017, we became Accredited by Gtechniq as a Certified Ceramic Coating installer, so customers can forego waxing there cars for up to 9 years guaranteed.
- May 2017, we were earned the Coastal Virginia’s Magazine Reader’s Choice Best of as a Car Wash award.
- June 1st, 2017, we celebrated 1yr in our newest location. We ask that you stop and see us or leave us a comment below.
- October 9, 2017, we became a Authorized Installer of Glassparency, so customers can improve there visibility in inclement weather, reducing glare, and protect against acid rain.
- October 31-November 4, we visited the well known SEMA show in Las Vegas. We attended the action packed event to learn new skills and new products for the upcoming year.
- May 2018 we have joined WEX, as a partner in accepting cards from Government officials and fleet clients.
- July 2018 we passed our Skills Validated test administered by the International Detailing Association so we can better serve our clients on the best products and service in the detailing association.
- September 2018 we appeared on our Wavy News 10 during Hurricane Florence to discuss the impacts of protecting your vehicle during a Hurricane.
- October 2018 we hosted our Beer and Gears Car Show with Alewerks to donate over a $1,000 to Here for the Boobs Non-Profit organization.
- January 2019 we attended the Mobile Tech Expo to educate ourselves and clients in the detailing industry.
- April 2019 we hosted our Beers and Gears Car Show featuring Colonial Corvette Club with Alewerks to donate over a $1,000 to F.I.S.H Inc to help them feed and clothe those in need.
- May 2019, we became a Accredited Detailer of Dr. Beasleys, so we can use those environmental car care products to protect vehicles with Matte Finishes and pristine clear coats.
- May 2019 the owner, Kenya Williams, became a member of the Kiwanis Club of Williamsburg to better serve the community.
From my family to yours we thank you to our past clients and our future clients. We look forward in serving you soon.